Chocolate Chunk Candy Cane Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 4 ounces baking chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup soft peppermint candies, crushed
- 1 bag (11 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, salt and cream. Beat until well-combined, scraping sides as necessary. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour in thirds. May require mixing with a wooden spoon towards the end. Stir in chopped chocolate and peppermint.
- Using a 1 1/2 teaspoon cookie scoop, drop dough 2-inches apart on cookie sheet. Gently flatten cookies to approximately 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- While cookies cool, prepare chocolate drizzle.
- Combine chocolate chips with 1/4 teaspoon mint extract in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second intervals until fully melted and smooth. Stir after each heating. Transfer chocolate drizzle to a piping bag fitted with a #6 tip or use a plastic bag and snip a very small opening in the corner. Drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let set for 30 minutes or until firmly set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Place wax or parchment paper between layers of cookies when storing.