Chocolate Coconut Brownies “Swirlies”
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour*
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 8-inch square baking pans, or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler or heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat. Stir to keep from scorching. Once fully melted, set aside to cool.
- Whisk cake flour, cocoa powder, salt, and coconut together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, beat eggs and yolks until mixed. Add sugar and vanilla extract and continue to mix until incorporated. Add cooled chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Add flour mixture and blend just until flour is incorporated.
- Evenly distribute the batter into prepared pans. Place marshmallow cream in microwave for 20 seconds to soften. Drop small dollops of marshmallow cream on top of brownie batter and swirl throughout with a wooden spoon or knife.
- Bake on center rack for 35-40 minutes until tops are set and brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from oven and cool in pans until “swirlies” reach room temperature. Lift “swirlies” out of pan by parchment paper and place on a cutting board. Remove parchment paper. Cut and serve.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.