Chocolate Covered Cherry Pecan Cookies
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chopped pecans
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with a SilPat or parchment paper.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter with sugars, salt and vanilla, about 2 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour and baking soda. Add to other ingredients on low speed, until just combined. Stir in cherries, chocolate and pecans by hand.
- Portion out cookies onto baking sheets, roughly 6 cookies per sheet (about 1/4 cup). Cookies will spread a bit, but not much. Allow 1-2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Remove from oven and cool for 2-3 minutes on pan, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.