Chocolate Covered Strawberry Easter Eggs
- 1 container (2 lbs) strawberries
- 2 bags (12 oz each) white chocolate morsels
- Pastel gel colors*
- Wash strawberries and dry very well. Remove green part of strawberries, but it is best not to remove stem.
- Right next to stem area of strawberry, stick a skewer or a toothpick inside berry. Set aside.
- Once berries are dipped, they will be placed on plastic food film lined cutting boards or on kitchen counter. Prepare space.
- Pour about 1-inch of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a very low simmer. Place white chips in a bowl which will fit nicely over pan containing hot water.
- Place bowl over hot water and stir constantly, make certain that water does not boil excessively, a low simmer will ensure that chocolate does not scorch.
- Once melted remove from heat. Pour about 1/4 of melted chocolate in a small bowl. (The fuller the bowl is, the easier the dipping.)
- Add a drop or two of food gel of choice. Chances are that chocolate will thicken slightly when food color is mixed in. If this occurs, add one small teaspoon of any type of vegetable oil into chocolate to make it more fluid again.
- Holding skewer, dip strawberry into chocolate. Allow some excess chocolate to drip away and then place it on a plastic food film lined tray or counter.
- Continue with desired number of berries in that specific color. Hold some chocolate back to drizzle on berries that were dipped into another chocolate color.
- Rewarm remaining previously melted chocolate and make a bowl of a different color.
- Continue with process.
- Make a little paper cone with parchment paper or use a plastic sandwich bag. Fill some melted chocolate in it, cut away a tiny hole and decorate berries as desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
*Do not use liquid food coloring!