Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffles
- Pulse one cup freeze-dried strawberries in a food processor. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream until steaming on medium-low heat. Do not boil. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips, wait one minute, then whisk cream and chocolate chips together until completely smooth. Stir in freeze-dried strawberry powder until fully combined.
- Chill chocolate mixture for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator until firm enough to scoop.
- Pulse one cup freeze-dried strawberries in a food processor.
- In a small bowl, whisk freeze-dried strawberry powder and powdered sugar together. Set aside.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out a small amount of firm chocolate, roll into a ball and toss in powdered strawberry mixture. Repeat this step with remaining chocolate. Keep truffles refrigerated until ready to serve.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.