Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift together flour and baking powder; set aside.
- Chop chocolate and place in bowl with oil and salt. Heat over double boiler until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and chill in freezer. Proceed when lukewarm.
- Add both sugars and whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Add flour and mix until combined. Place in refrigerator until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Scoop chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls and drop in powdered sugar. Roll generously in powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Place in oven and bake until cookie bounces back when lightly pressed in center, about 12 to 13 minutes.
- Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
These much beloved crackle cookies are somewhat a hybrid between brownies and chocolate cake. If desired make this dough and keep in freezer. Then simply scoop desired amount from freezer and bake as directed.