Chocolate Cream Candies
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1/2 package (4 oz ) cream cheese, very soft
- 4 1/3 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Few teaspoons of extract of your choice (for example vanilla, peppermint, orange, strawberry, Irish cream, raspberry, rum)
- 1 bag (12-16 oz) bag chocolate wafers
- Sprinkles of choice
- Place butter and cream cheese in a bowl large enough to hold remaining ingredients. Very gently mix until well blended. (Vigorous mixing breaks down cream cheese which will result in a sticky and runny mixture.)
- Once no lumps remain, add 1 cup of sifted powdered sugar. When incorporated continue with powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Add a small teaspoon of chosen extract, taste, and add more 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired intensity.
- Roll into tablespoon size spheres and place on a plastic food wrapped plate/cookie sheet/cutting board. Place in refrigerator for 45 minutes to overnight.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Line a small section of kitchen counter or a cookie sheet with plastic food wrap.
- Several methods to dip candies: Stick a toothpick on side of a sphere and dip in chocolate. Place on plastic lined counter and pull out toothpick right away. Sprinkle with sprinkles while chocolate coating is still sticky.
- Another method: Drop a sphere in melted chocolate. Using a fork press completely into chocolate and remove with fork. Place on plastic lined counter.
- Candies should be stored in refrigerator, but have the best consistency and flavor when removed from fridge about 30 minutes before consuming.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Adding liquor is not recommended as it will make the cream too soft to handle.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments