Chocolate Domino Brownies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- White chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 inch square baking dish with parchment paper or foil and coat lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Stir melted butter or margarine with sugar, vanilla extract and eggs with a wooden spoon until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk flour with cocoa, baking powder and salt, then stir into sugar mixture.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake in center of oven for 25 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool over a rack, then lift brownies from the pan (do not cut yet).
- While brownies cool, prepare chocolate frosting. Beat butter or margarine with corn syrup and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioner’s sugar. Mixture will be crumbly. Blend in milk and beat to a smooth consistency. Add cocoa and blend thoroughly.
- Spread chocolate frosting evenly over the top of the brownie “cake” and then cut into rectangles. (NOTE: Use a plastic knife while the brownies are still warm for a clean, crumble-free cut.) We cut 8 columns, each slightly larger than 1-inch wide in one direction and 3 columns about 3-inch wide in opposite direction.
- Press a line across the center of each rectangle with a wooden skewer or a toothpick, then place white chocolate chips onto the top of each chocolate domino in numbered sequences just like actual dominos.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- If your frosting is too soft to make a clean line, refrigerate the cut brownies for 20 minutes prior to making indentions.