- 1 cup water, room temperature
- 1 envelope + 2 envelopes yeast
- 1 cup + 4 cups bread flour*
- 5 large eggs, cold
- 7 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (about 50-60% cocoa mass) or milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons, for dusting Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Pour water and 1 yeast envelope in a the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk together. Add 1 cup flour and whisk until well combined. Cover with plastic food wrap and let rise for 1 hour or until well doubled in size.
- Mix remaining yeast envelopes with 1/4 cup room temperature water and add to risen dough along with remaining flour, eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Do not add butter yet.
- Mix on medium speed with a dough hook for 6-7 minutes and until dough becomes elastic and less sticky.
- Gradually add pieces of butter to dough allowing it to be fully incorporated before adding next amount. When incorporated stop mixing.
- Remove a generous 1/4 of dough from bowl and set aside in another bowl. Cover with plastic.
- To remaining dough add chocolate chips and mix until incorporated. Wrap with plastic and set aside for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile generously butter a 9-inch Bundt pan with melted, but still thick, butter. Set aside.
- Roll dough not containing chocolate chips to a rectangle of 18 x 6-inches on a lightly floured surface.
- Remove chocolate chip dough from bowl and stretch into a log of about 15-inches and place onto rolled non chocolate containing dough.
- Wrap chocolate containing dough with plain dough to seal in all chocolate chips. Transfer to Bundt pan and press even in thickness.
- Cover with plastic and allow to rise until dough exceeds at least 1-inch above the edge of mold. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently place mold into oven slightly above bottom rack. Bake for approximately 55 minutes or until an inserted thermometer reads 190°F.
- Turn upside down on a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.