Chocolate Mud Monsters
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, slowly melt chocolate chips over low heat until smooth. Stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Add cereal and mix until well coated.
- Drop 1/4 cupfulls onto wax paper.
- Using buttercream icing as "glue", attach two candy eyes to each mud monster.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Mud Monster Variations:
- For a salty/sweet treat, substitute small pretzel sticks for Fiber One® cereal.
- Use small jelly beans as eyes.
- Substitute 1 cup butterscotch chips for dark chocolate chips.
- Use a black jelly bean for a nose.