Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
Chocolate Cookie Cups
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 7 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Cream
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter- sweetened
- 1/3 cup salted roasted peanuts
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 24 cavity mini muffin tin with baking spray or melted butter and set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and set aside.
- Mix butter until light and fluffy, add sugar and once creamed and fluffy add egg, vanilla, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pace a generous tablespoon of dough in each cavity. Using a wet finger, make a well in center and consequently press dough up sides. (In oven dough will further rise up the sides.)
- Place in oven and bake for 13-14 minutes or until center of cookies have collapsed.
- Allow to cool for about 3-4- minutes and then carefully remove cup cookies from pan before they start to stick. Set aside to cool.
- For peanut cream mix butter until very creamy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, salt and mix until fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and mix until combined.
- Fit filling into a pastry bag fitted with a medium start tip and pipe rosettes into cooled chocolate cookie cups.
- Decorate with a few peanuts, if desired.