Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Fudge
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peanut butter cups, roughly chopped
- Line an 8 X 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Heat in 30-second increments and stir until smooth.
- Spread this chocolate mixture evenly into prepared pan. Place pan in refrigerator while you are preparing peanut butter layer.
- In another medium microwave-safe bowl combine butter and peanut butter. Microwave in 20-second increments and stir until smooth. Immediately stir in sifted powdered sugar until combined. Mixture will be consistency of a thick paste.
- Remove chocolate layer from refrigerator and spread peanut butter layer on top, smoothing it out to edges. Press peanut butter cups into peanut butter layer.
- Cover pan and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Cut into small squares to serve.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 7 days. Alternately, you can store this in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Freeze airtight for up to 2 months.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.