Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Hearts
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 16 oz melted and tempered dark chocolate or melted dark cocoa candy melts
- Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Stir butter, peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, and peanut butter chips together in a medium saucepan. Heat over low heat until about 75% of peanut butter chips have melted.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 3 minutes, then stir until all chips are melted.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in powdered sugar.
- Spread into an even layer in prepared pan.
- Cover and set aside for about 4 hours until firm.
- Remove fudge from pan and peel off tin foil or parchment paper.
- Use a 1 1/2-inch wide heart cookie cutter to cut out as many hearts from fudge as possible. Knead scraps together and flatten into same thickness to cut more hearts. Repeat until you have 28 hearts.
- Let hearts sit at room temperature for at least one hour until exterior dries out slightly making hearts easier to dip in chocolate.
- Temper chocolate or melt candy according to manufacturer's directions.
- Dip each heart in dark chocolate using a dipping fork or kitchen fork, allow excess chocolate to drip off fudge hearts, and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle more chocolate over top, if desired.
- If using tempered chocolate allow chocolate to harden at room temperature.
- If using candy melts, refrigerate for about 10 minutes until hardened.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Tempering chocolate gives you a shiny coating and a crisp snap. Watch our How to Temper Chocolate video, or read our Sweetalk Blog article - Melting & Tempering Chocolate, What's the Difference?
Recipe created for Dixie Crystals by Beth Jackson Klosterboer at Hungry Happenings.