Chocolate Peanut Butter Pumpkins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces melting chocolate candy coating
- Small pumpkin cookie cutter
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter together over medium heat.
- Once butter and peanut butter mixture is melted, pour into a medium bowl and stir in vanilla.
- Stir in powdered sugar until well combined. Remove from bowl and place on counter to knead together if needed.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and dump peanut butter mixture onto a flat surface.
- Working with small sections at a time, use warmth from your hands to soften a bit of peanut butter mixture and press flat. If mixture is crumbly, work it with your hands until it warms a bit and comes together.
- Use small pumpkin cookie cutter to cut out peanut butter pumpkins.
- Place pumpkins on a plate and place in freezer for one hour.
- Melt chocolate candy coating according to package directions.
- Carefully, but quickly, dip each pumpkin into chocolate candy coating. The easiest way to dip them is to use a toothpick to dip each peanut butter pumpkin into the chocolate. Tap off excess chocolate and lay on a flat surface to harden. (NOTE: Make sure pumpkins are cold before dipping. If undipped pumpkins start to get to warm stick them back into freezer to harden a bit.)
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in refrigerator.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.