Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup flour*
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peanut Butter Truffle
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pound Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In the bowl for an electric mixer beat together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, vanilla, and melted chocolate. Mix until well combined, scraping the sides as necessary. In a small bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until combined. Slowly add flour mixture to chocolate mixture until combined.
- Cover dough, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 36 hours.
- To make the truffle mix together peanut butter and butter, beat until smooth. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Mixture will be very thick. Using a teaspoon, scoop out balls of dough and form into small disks. Place in a baking sheet and freeze until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop about 1 teaspoon of chocolate cookie dough onto a baking sheet. Flatten, so you can place a peanut butter disk in the center. Scoop another teaspoon of dough and cover the peanut butter, making sure to pinch the edges of the dough closed. Place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes. The edges should be set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- If desired, drizzle with chocolate ganache.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.