Chocolate Root Beer Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons root beer extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup root beer
- Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar, for dusting
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter a 10-inch bundt pan and lightly flour it (or spay with non-stick spray). Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk milk and vinegar together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In large bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla extract and root beer extract until well combined. Beat in flour mixture alternating with milk and root beer.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until center is set and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely (in bundt pan) before inverting onto cake plate. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.