Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix butter and sugars together on medium speed for 2 minutes, until combined.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix on medium speed for 1 minutes, scraping sides of the bowl as necessary until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the bowl. Mix on medium speed for 1 more minute, until cocoa is evenly mixed in.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
- With mixer still on low add in chocolate chips and toffee bits until evenly incorporated.
- Using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are just set.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.