Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable/olive oil
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup zucchini, grated and well-packed
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Ganache, optional
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. To ensure easy removal from line, line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or alternatively brush with oil and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda together. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all remaining ingredients whisk oil and sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in eggs and salt. Add zucchini and once combined add dry ingredients followed by chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Place in the oven for about 47 minutes or until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Once cooled, cover with ganache. Slice and serve.