Cholesterol-Free Carrot Breakfast Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup white whole wheat or whole wheat flour*
- 1 1/4 cups packed Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups finely grated carrots
- Optional: 1 cup chopped nuts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper or spray with baking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients sift together first seven dry ingredients.
- Add orange juice, oil, and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whip egg whites and granulated sugar to medium peaks. Fold into above.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and place in oven. Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments