- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 5-10 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Christmas sprinkles
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, salt, and milk in a large mixing bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Whisk in eggs, vanilla extract, oil, and food coloring.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until golden brown and when tested with a toothpick, it comes out clean. Remove from oven and let completely cool in pan. Transfer to large tray or cutting board.
- Stir together confectioner’s sugar and milk until smooth. Pour on cake and spread to coat evenly. Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles. Let frosting set for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.