Chunky Monkey Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana, not overly ripe
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (roughly) chopped pretzels
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar until crumbly. Add in banana, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Gradually add in flour mixture on low speed. Stir until dough forms. Then stir in pretzels and chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a cookie dough scoop or your hands, form balls of dough with 2 heaping tablespoons of dough. Place on prepared baking sheets, leaving a little room for spreading.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until edges are lightly browned, and remove from oven.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.