Cinnamon Apple Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 red apple - peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Kosher salt/pepper
- Into a large saucepan over medium heat add sugar, water, cranberries and apple. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Add cinnamon stick. Reduce heat to low and simmer until cranberries soften and mixture thickens. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick prior to serving. Refrigerate any unused portion.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Simple and easy, this recipe was a hit at Thanksgiving. Just a hint of cinnamon flavor and the chunks of apple gave it a unique twist without straying too far from the traditional cranberry sauce everyone expects.