Cinnamon Glazed Strawberries
- 1/2 cup cinnamon red hots (also called cinnamon imperials), crushed
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cane syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- 15-20 medium-sized strawberries
- Wash strawberries and pat dry.
- Prepare work area with a sheet of parchment paper to place glazed berries on.
- In a small heavy pot, over medium heat, stir together red hots, sugar, water, corn syrup and sea salt. Stir until sugar is dissolved and then turn the heat to medium high and STOP stirring. Stirring will create crystals and will ruin the shiny glaze that you want on the berries.
- Bring the sugar mixture to 295 degrees then remove from heat and immediately start dipping the strawberries almost to the green tops. You may use a skewer or hold them by the greens. Be VERY careful not to touch the sugar glaze.
- Move fast as the glaze thickens quickly and you want a thin shell. If you notice that it is thickening, just heat the syrup for a brief moment to thin it out again.
- Once dipped, place the glazed strawberries on the parchment and serve within an hour.
- For added embellishment, use a skewer or spoon dipped in a bit of the glaze and gently swing strings of sugar back and forth over the glazed strawberries.
Dixie Crystals Insight
You might want to wear a pair of disposable gloves as this glaze gets very hot!
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments