Cinnamon Raisin Sour Cream Pie
- 3 large egg whites (no yolk traces)
- 7 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9-inch deep dish pure butter crust or use store-bought.
- Blind bake pie crust by cutting a piece of parchment paper into a circle a few inches wider than the circumference of pie crust.
- Place cut parchment onto pie crust and fill completely with dry beans or rice. Place in oven and bake for approximately 18 minutes or until crust has golden edges.
- Remove from oven and carefully remove hot beans using an ice cream scoop. Brush crust with beaten egg and return to oven for another 5 minutes. Watch to ensure that crust does not bubble. If it does, prick with a fork and gently press even. Let cool.
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all ingredients, combine sour cream, egg yolks, salt, sugar, cornstarch, raisins, and lemon juice.
- Whisk mixture to a boil. Once thick bubbles form and mixture has visibly thickened remove from stove and add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour into prebaked pie crust and set aside.
- With handheld or stand mixer, beat egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar to stiff peaks. Add vanilla and when incorporated stop whipping.
- Either spread onto surface of pie or fill a piping bag with meringue and fitted with a large star tip.
- Decorate pie and place in oven for about 7-10 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve chilled.