Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
Cinnamon Swirl Filling
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons cream or milk
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together. Beat in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, and milk together. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour wet in. Beat batter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk filling ingredients together. Pour half of cake batter into bundt pan and sprinkle filling on top. Swirl lightly with a knife. Add the rest of batter and swirl again lightly, reaching down into filling layer.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Do not overbake. Upon removing cake from oven, release edges of cake with a butter knife immediately. Allow cake to cool in pan for a few minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Whisk icing ingredients together until smooth and drizzle on warm cake. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Cake will stay fresh for up to 5 days stored tightly in an airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Kraft @sprinklesomesugar.