Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 24 mini cinnamon rolls from the bakery
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For cupcakes, preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, mix together cake mix, flour, white sugar, and salt.
- In bowl of a mixer, mix together water, egg whites, oil, and vanilla. Mix on low for about 10 seconds.
- Slowly add dry mix a little at a time. Mix on low until everything is combined.
- Line a muffin/cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Add 2 tablespoons of batter to each liner.
- In small bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sir until combined.
- Add a few dollops of brown sugar mixture to batter in liners and swirl with toothpick.
- Cover with 2 tablespoons of batter. Add another dollop of brown sugar mixture and swirl with toothpick.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- For frosting, add butter and cream cheese to bowl of mixer and beat together until smooth. Mix in vanilla and powdered sugar until combined and smooth.
- Add milk and whip on high for 3-5 minutes until fluffy.
- Set aside 1/4 cup frosting. Add remaining frosting to a large piping bag that’s been fitted with a large star tip.
- Swirl frosting onto each cupcake.
- Add mini cinnamon roll to top center of each cupcake. (Cut bottom off cinnamon roll if they are too high.)
- Heat reserved frosting for 10 seconds in microwave or until just melted.
- Stir and drizzle over mini cinnamon rolls.
- Optional: Sprinkle tops with a tiny dash of ground cinnamon
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.