Classic Strawberry Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (3 oz) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup frozen (defrosted & drained) or fresh strawberries, diced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons pureed strawberries
- Creme Chantilly
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a tube, bundt pan or two 9-inch cake pans. Ensure all nooks and crannies are covered. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- For bundt or tube pan, bake for 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If using two 9-inch layer cake pans, bake for about 23-25 minutes.
- While cake cools, prepare frosting. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Drizzle over warm cake.
- Decorate cake with fresh strawberries and creme chantilly, if desired.