Coconut Milk Pound Cake with Ganache
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter and flour a 9- or 10-inch tube pan or bundt pan and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda together and set aside.
- In a stand or hand-held mixer using paddle attachment, mix butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add 1 egg at a time waiting for the previous added egg to be fully incorporated and mixture regains a smooth homogenous look.
- Add salt.
- Alternately add flour mixture and coconut milk in 5 steps, starting with and ending with flour. Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in oven. After 15 minutes in oven reduce temperature to 350°F.
- Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. If cake becomes too dark before it finishes baking, cover cake with a lightly buttered piece of foil.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before turning upside down on a serving platter.
- If you prefer toasted coconut, place it on a cookie sheet and place in oven, it will be toasted in about 8 minutes.
- Pour ganache on the cooled cake and sprinkle with coconut.
Dixie Crystals Insight
For a proper emulsion and consequently a perfect cake, ensure that all the ingredients are at room temperature before starting.