- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon honey
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In one bowl, mix together flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix together panko breadcrumbs with shredded coconut and sugar.
- In a third bowl beat eggs.
- Dip shrimp in flour mixture, making sure to coat well. Gently shake off any excess.
- Place flour coated shrimp in egg and evenly coat until no white spots remain.
- Place in coconut mixture and press into coconut to make sure shrimp are nicely coated. Place on a tray while you continue with remaining shrimp.
- If using an air fryer preheat to 400º F. Spray basket of your air fryer with vegetable oil spray, arrange shrimp in a single even layer and spray well with vegetable oil spray. Cook for 5 minutes, flip shrimp and cook for an additional 5 minutes until shrimp are fully cooked.
- If baking, preheat oven to 475º F. Arrange shrimp on a baking sheet and spray with vegetable oil spray. Bake for 8-9 minutes until shrimp are fully cooked.
- To make dipping sauce, mix together all ingredients and store in fridge until ready to use.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.