Coconut Tres Leches Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) white cake mix (prepared according to directions on package)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut (example Coco Lopez)
- 12 ounce heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- Bake cake according to package directions in a 9x13 cake pan.
- Once cake is cooked but still hot from oven, poke holes with a fork, toothpick or chopstick on top of cake.
- Slowly pour sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut on top of cake. The liquid may settle at edges, but just wait, it will soak up all of the milk! Transfer cake to refrigerator to let cool completely.
- Once cake is chilled, add heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and coconut extract to a stand mixer with whisk attachment. Whisk mixture at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Frost top of cake with fresh whipped cream and top with toasted shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.