- 2 cups fresh brewed coffee (regular or decaffeinated)
- 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Coffee liquor (optional)
Decorating and Finishing
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped chocolate
- 2 tablespoons favorite coffee creamer
- Combine hot coffee with sugar and set aside.
- Combine water and gelatin and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Add to warm coffee and mix well.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before proceeding.
- Place serving glasses in refrigerator before filling.
- Add vanilla and liqueur to cooled coffee mixture.
- For sharp, clean sides, fill the serving glasses while they are in the refrigerator so that you don't have to move them. This will keep gelee from creating a cloudy film on edges of serving glasses. Fill glasses equally full.
- Dessert will be ready after about 3 hours, but is equally great for several days after.
- To finish, whip cream, sugar, and vanilla in a cold bowl to soft peaks. Spoon onto coffee gelee.
- Sprinkle with chopped chocolate and pour a little coffee creamer on surface of gelée.