Coffee Tres Leches Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup hot water
- Tres Leches
- 1 cup vanilla coffee creamer
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, at room temperature
- Whipped Topping
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate sprinkles, for garnish
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Liberally spray a cupcake pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir in eggs, canola oil, buttermilk, and hot water. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon batter into cupcake pan; bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Prepare tres leches while cupcakes bake. Whisk together vanilla coffee creamer, condensed milk, evaporate milk and coffee.
- Remove from oven. While cupcakes are still warm, carefully remove from pan, poke tiny holes into the cupcake using a toothpick. Slowly pour leches over each cupcake. Allow to cool.
- Prepare whipped topping: Using a stand mixer or whisk; whisk heavy cream, confectioners sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Top each cupcake with whipped topping and garnish with sprinkles.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com