Confetti Mini Bundt Cakes
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup almond flour/meal or almond slices
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup orange juice, room temperature
- 1/3 cup edible confetti sprinkles plus more for decoration
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, water or milk
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using melted butter, brush a thin layer of butter into Bundt pans, making sure to get into all cracks and crevices. Place in refrigerator and once first layer of butter has firmed up, brush a second layer of butter into pans. Sprinkle with flour and set aside.
- Sift flour. If using almond flour add it to all-purpose flour along with baking soda. If using sliced almonds, place them in a food processor along with half of flour and mix until almonds feel fine as cornmeal. Add remaining flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a stand or hand-held mixer using paddle attachment, mix butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add one egg at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated before adding the next one. Add salt, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Alternately add flour and orange juice in 3 steps, starting with and ending with flour.
- Mix in confetti sprinkles.
- Divide batter into prepared pan and place in oven for approximately 34-37 minutes or until cakes bounce back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Let cool slightly and then turn mini bundt pan over onto a wire rack to cool.
- Prepare glaze by mixing powdered sugar and selected liquid together.
- Drizzle glaze on cakes and sprinkle immediately with confetti sprinkles.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments