Cookies and Cream Blossoms
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 10 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 24 Cookies and Cream Hershey Kisses®
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar, and salt together until smooth with no lumps, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla until fully combined. Add flour and mix until just incorporated. Fold in crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with a rubber spatula.
- Cover bowl of dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove dough from refrigerator and roll about 1 tablespoon of dough each into balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes. Bottoms should be very lightly golden. Remove cookies from oven and immediately press Hershey Kisses® into tops of each cookie. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on pans before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Kraft @sprinklesomesugar.