Copycat Cadbury Crunchie Bars
- 2/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup light (or dark) corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces melted and tempered pure milk chocolate or melted light cocoa candy melts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Line a non-stick loaf pan with a strip of parchment paper for easy removal.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium (2-3 quart) saucepan.
- Set pan over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves and bubbles start to form.
- Stop stirring and allow sugar to come to a boil.
- Allow mixture to boil until it reaches 300°F. This should take 4-6 minutes.
- Once sugar reaches 300°F, remove it from heat and immediately pour in vanilla and baking soda.
- Stir until well incorporated. Mixture will bubble up and become foamy.
- Pour hot candy into prepared pan. Do not scrape saucepan nor spread candy into loaf pan. You don’t want to deflate air bubbles in candy.
- Let candy rest at room temperature for 40 minutes.
- Then, lift up on parchment paper and remove candy from pan.
- Use a serrated knife to score block of candy into 8, 1-inch wide strips.
- Break honeycomb (sponge) candy along score lines. You might not get 8 perfect candy bars, but even smaller pieces will look and taste good dipped in chocolate.
- Dip honeycomb bars into chocolate.
- Coat entire candy bar in chocolate, then lift it out using a dipping fork and allow excess chocolate to drip off. It’s important that you make sure there are no holes in chocolate as sponge candy will soften and even melt over time when exposed to air.
- Set chocolate-dipped candy bar on a parchment paper (or silicone mat) lined baking sheet.
- Chill candy bars in refrigerator for 10-20 minutes until chocolate hardens.
- Remove from refrigerator and allow crunchie bars to come to room temperature before serving.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- Recipe created for Dixie Crystals by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.
- You will have some extra melted milk chocolate. You can spread it into an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, harden it, then break it into pieces and save it for another use.
- To clean your pan, fill it with a few cups of hot water, then bring the water to a boil. Use a wooden spoon or silicone spatula to scrape any hardened candy off the sides of the pan.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments