Copycat Starbucks Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 tablespoon raspberry flavoring
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, soft at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If you have parchment paper on hand line 2 standard size loaf pans with it, otherwise butter and flour pans and set aside.
- For this cake we prepare a red and a vanilla cake colored batter, therefore in 2 separate bowls add 1 1/8 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder and half of 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda. Sift and keep each separate. Set aside.
- Place defrosted raspberries in a blender and mix to a fine puree. Press through a sieve to remove seeds. Measure 1/3 cup and add raspberry flavor. Set aside.
- Mix soft butter and sugar very well, add 1 egg and beat until light. Add another egg and beat very well between additions to create a light and airy batter. Continue with egg and egg yolk. Add salt and whip until light and fluffy.
- Scrape batter into a large measuring cup and divide perfectly in half.
- Add one flour bowl to 1/2 of the batter followed by lemon juice. Add other flour bowl and raspberry puree to the second bowl of batter.
- Scrape about 1/2 of vanilla batter into pans followed by about 1/2 of raspberry batter. Repeat until all is divided equally.
- Place in oven for approximately 55 minutes or when inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let sit in pan for 30 minutes before removing.
- Place cream cheese in a bowl large enough to hold powdered sugar. Mix on low speed adding about 1/2 cup of powdered sugar at a time, allowing previous added amount to be fully incorporated. Add vanilla.
- Spread cream cheese frosting on surface of cake.