Corn Syrup Free Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare or thaw a 9-inch piecrust and place on a foil or parchment lined cookie tray for easy clean up after baking.
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat until melted. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and water until well mixed, whisk in brown sugar. Add vanilla, salt and bourbon if using. Add melted butter-chocolate mixture. If mixture looks slightly curdled it is too cold. Place bowl in hot water for a few seconds and whisk well.
- Arrange 2/3 of pecans on bottom of pie crust and pour 3/4 of filling over pecans.
- Pecans will naturally float to the surface. In a circular fashion arrange remaining pecans over floating ones. Spoon remaining filling over surface of pecans.
- Place in oven and bake until filling is set and is slightly puffed, about 50 minutes.