Corn Syrup Free Pecan Pie
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl whisk eggs and water until well blended and no egg strings remain. Whisk in brown sugar and salt. Melt butter and add to above.
- Chop 3/4 cup pecans in medium pieces and spread on bottom of pie shell. Reserve remaining pecans for top.
- Pour a little less than half of filling in pie shell covering pecan pieces (pecans will automatically float to top).
- Arrange in a circular pattern pecan halves covering floating pecan halves.
- Using a spoon drizzle remaining syrup over pecans halves until pie shell is filled to rim. It could be that you have some remaining syrup. Some pie shells are measured from outer edge and some from inner edge and depth may vary.
- Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 325°F and bake until center of pie no longer trembles and feels “set” when touched. If center of pie is rising it is also a sign of doneness.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.