Cran-Apple Chocolate Chunk Pie Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix butter with both types of sugar until fluffy using an electric mixer on medium speed (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in eggs and vanilla. In a medium bowl sift flour with salt, cinnamon, apple pie spice and baking powder. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in apple, cranberries, chocolate chunks and graham cracker crumbs until well combined.
- Cover dough and chill for 2 hours or until the dough is easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place dough balls on an large ungreased cookie sheet or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned and tops bounce back when touched. Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.