Cranberry and Pecan Topped Cheesecakes
- 2 (8 ounce) bricks of cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cranberry Topping:
- 12 ounces whole fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- Place one 8-ounce package of the cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until creamy, about 3 minutes, then beat in the remaining package of cream cheese.
- Increase the mixer speed to high and beat in the remaining sugar, and then beat in the salt and vanilla. Blend in the eggs one at a time, beating only until completely blended. Mix in the sour cream, heavy cream and vanilla. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the silicone molds. Bake the cheesecakes until the tops are lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool in the oven with the door propped open.
- While cheesecakes are baking, make the cranberry topping. Combine all topping ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until cranberries are soft and sauce is thick.
- When ready to serve, place on a plate and garnish with cranberry topping and additional pecans as desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.