Cranberry Brie Bites
- 6 ounces fresh cranberries, divided
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange or lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- Fresh rosemary, for topping (optional)
- Flaky sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a mini cupcake tin and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, add 5 ounces fresh cranberries, 1/2 cup of sugar, orange or lemon zest, and water. Simmer over low heat.Stir occasionally until cranberries soften, about 8-10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium, stirring to prevent burning and cook until cranberries begin to burst.
- Reduce heat to low and add remaining cranberries along with a pinch of kosher salt, black pepper, and stir until combined.
- Cook on low for another 2 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside to allow to cool down as you prepare puff pasty.
- Lightly flour a working surface and spread one puff pasty sheets out - put remaining piece of pastry into fridge until ready for use. Lightly roll out puff pastry until it is an even thickness. This will help achieve a more even and thorough bake.
- Next, cut sheet of puff pasty into 12 even pieces. Press dough firmly into each mini cupcake tin. Poke a few holes into bottom of each piece of dough.
- Cut brie into 24 roughly even pieces. Place a piece of brie into center of each piece of dough. Top with a small spoonful of cranberry sauce and a piece or two of fresh rosemary.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until flaky and golden brown. Turning pan about half way through baking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. If any cheese or cranberry sauce has oozed out of tin, use a small spoon to scoop it back into puff pastry. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Repeat process with second piece of puff pastry. Best served warm.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.