Cranberry Cheesecake Pie
- 1 graham cracker crust, largest available
- 1 egg white
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream, full fat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen or 3 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water (to mix gelatin)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush graham cracker crust with 1 beaten egg white and place in oven for 6 minutes. Remove crust from oven and reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and lemon zest on lowest speed. Alternatively, mix by hand using a spatula until no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well.
- Add one egg at a time, waiting for each to be fully incorporated, and scraping bowl and beater/spatula between additions.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and pour batter into graham cracker crust.
- Place in oven and bake until center of pie no longer trembles, about 43 minutes. Remove from heat and when cool enough to handle place in refrigerator.
- To prepare cranberry topping and sauce, use a non-reactive saucepan to bring cranberries, water and sugar to a boil. Simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Puree cranberry mixture to a smooth consistency using either an immersion blender directly in pan or transfer to a blender. If you wish, pour mixture through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Divide mixture in half and refrigerate half to use as cranberry sauce later. Use remaining half for cranberry topping.
- Mix water and gelatin well and set aside for at least 3 minutes to dissolve. Add gelatin to still warm cranberry mixture. (If needed, reheat cranberry mixture until almost hot before adding gel) and mix well.
- Remove cheesecake from refrigerator and pour warm mixture onto surface of pie. Return to refrigerator.
- Serve with cranberry sauce and Crème Chantilly