Cranberry Eggnog Muffins
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For streusel, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, salt, and melted butter to form a crumble.
- For muffins, preheat oven to 375°F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- Toss chopped cranberries and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, eggs, eggnog, melted butter, vegetable oil, and almond extract.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Fold chopped cranberries into batter.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full and then top with streusel topping.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- While muffins are cooling, stir together powdered sugar and eggnog to make glaze. Drizzle glaze over cooled muffins and serve.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Heather Seeley @FoodLovinFamily.