Cranberry Nut Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, Vietnamese preferred
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup pecan, walnut or macadamia nut pieces
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard-size loaf pan with parchment paper or butter and flour it instead. Set aside.
- Mix well and then sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk together buttermilk, oil, and egg until completely smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until ingredients are barely mixed. Add cranberries and pecans and mix briefly. Do not overmix, as it will make bread tough.
- Transfer to prepared pan and place in oven.
- Total baking time will be nearly 55-60 minutes or until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If cake’s surface gets too dark, drape it with aluminum foil during the last 15-20 minutes of baking.