Cranberry Orange Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, sliced in half
- zest of 1 large orange
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with butter. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, orange juice and vanilla extract. Add half the flour mixture, then whisk in milk. Add remaining flour mixture, then whisk in vegetable oil. Fold in cranberries and orange zest.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for 10 minutes in pan. Transfer bread to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth. Pour on top of bread and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.