Cranberry White Chocolate Clafouti with Orange Balsamic Glaze
- 1 roll (8 ounces) phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup cream or half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (I used grapefruit)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Unroll phyllo, remove a single sheet and place in bottom and partially up sides of springform pan.
- Brush with butter and crisscross with another sheet brushing it with butter. Pivot next sheet of phyllo slightly and brush with butter. Continue layering until you have 8 layers.
- Place layer of white chocolate in bottom of crust and top with cranberries. Cover with damp paper towel and refrigerate while you prepare custard.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and sugar about 1 minute. Add flour, cream, orange zest and vanilla. Pour mixture over cranberries. With remaining phyllo, remove 2 or 3 sheets at a time and roll sheets and tuck phyllo around top edges of custard to form crust. Brush generously with butter. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- In a small saucepan combine orange marmalade and orange juice. Simmer over low heat until sauce starts to thicken (about 3 to 5 minutes). Add balsamic vinegar and continue to simmer 1 minute.
- Remove clafouti from the oven and brush with orange mixture. Cover edges of clafouti pan with a pie ring to keep crust from burning. Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve warm with remaining orange sauce.