Cranberry & White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, unsalted; soft at room temperature
- 3 pouches (3/4 cup) Redi-Measure Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or butter. Set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Mix butter until very light and fluffy. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix until very smooth and fluffy.
- Add egg and yolk and mix to combine well. Add vanilla extract and salt.
- Add flour mixture all at once to creamed mixture. Blend until just combined. Do not over mix! Dough will be crumbly. Stir in white chocolate chips, nuts and dried cranberries until just combined.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and flatten on cookie sheet. Dough will not spread during baking.
- Place in oven and bake until cookies are set in the center, about 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden. The center of cookies will firm once cool.
Baking Tip: Use real white chocolate chips for best results!