Crockpot Asian Chicken
- 4 whole carrots, cut into thirds
- 2 pounds chicken thighs (skinless, can be boneless or bone-in), about 6
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup soy sauce (use low sodium, if preferred)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3 medium fresh garlic cloves, minced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 large section of fresh ginger, minced (about 3 tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper
- Add carrots to crockpot.
- Trim any excess fat off of chicken. Add salt and pepper on top as well as drizzle vegetable oil on top (unless using a nonstick pan).
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high or a nonstick pan with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for about 3 to 5 minutes. Brown chicken 3 to 4 minutes on each side (if using nonstick pan, add more vegetable oil if needed after flipping chicken). Remove chicken and add to crockpot on top of carrots.
- Mix soy sauce, vegetable broth and sugar together in a large measuring cup or medium-sized mixing bowl. Add garlic cloves and ginger and mix once again. Pour on top of chicken.
- Turn crockpot on low and heat for 3 to 5 hours. Serve with steamed white rice and steamed broccoli or vegetable of your choice.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Julie Deily @TheLittleKitchen.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments