Cucumber Mint Julep Mocktail with Persian Mint Simple Syrup
Persian Mint Syrup
- 5 pound bag Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups vinegar (white or cider)
- 4 cups fresh Persian mint, washed
- Finely shredded Persian cucumber
- Stir water and sugar in a large pot. Place on back-most burner of your stove. Heat to syrup consistency, on a gentle boil, about 45 minutes.
- Add vinegar and bring to a boil again.
- Lastly add mint and continue to boil another 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the syrup to cool overnight.
- To serve, combine 1-2 tablespoons of syrup (to taste), freshly shredded Persian cucumber, chilled water, and top with ice. Add a tall spoon, so you can eat the cucumber, and a straw.
- For a high-end presentation, use a long-necked glass. For a more Southern presentation, use a Mason jar and grab a striped straw.