Daisy Cookie Cups with Lemon Curd
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spread almonds out on a baking sheet, and toast until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Allow nuts to cool completely.
- Combine almonds and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely ground.
- Whisk flour, salt, and lemon zest together. Set aside.
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg yolks and mix until combined.
- Stir in almonds, then add flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Liberally dust a silicone baking mat or cutting board and rolling pin with flour.
- Roll cookie dough out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut out 28 daisies using a 3 3/4-inch daisy cookie cutter, re-rolling dough as needed.
- Press each daisy down into the cavities of non-stick mini muffin tins allowing the petals to overlap the edge.
- Leave enough space in between each daisy cup so that petals do not touch.
- Prick bottom of each daisy cookie cup about 15 times with a toothpick.
- Bake cookies on bottom rack of oven for 8 minutes, then remove from oven and use a pie stamper or the end of a wooden spoon to press down in center of each daisy cookie to reshape puffed dough into a nice cup.
- Return cookies to oven for 2-4 minutes until the edges of cookies just begin to brown and centers are baked through.
- Allow cookies to cool in pan for 15 minutes then remove and set on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Fill each cookie cup with 1 tablespoon of lemon curd. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate filled cookie cups for up to 3 days.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe created for Dixie Crystals by Beth Jackson Klosterboer at Hungry Happenings.